We know that privacy is important to you and we strive to be as open and transparent as possible in how we serve you. We conduct our business in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) and have implemented additional measures to protect your personal information.
Singapore Soka Association - Sales Department’s Data Protection Policy aims to help you understand how we collect, use, share and protect your personal information.
Ways we collect your personal information. We may collect your personal information when you:
- Subscribe to our services
- Use our products or services
- Register for a specific product or service (e.g. registering your interest to purchase an item)
- Sign up for alerts or newsletters
- Contact us with a question or request for assistance
The information we collect
The information we collect depends on the products and services you use and subscribe to. Here are key examples:
- Your identity – This includes NRIC, FIN or passport number, address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth, as well as service-related information such as bank and credit card details, device ID and IP address.
- Your interaction with us – For example, an email or letter you send to us or other records of any contact you have with us.
- Your account information – For example, the services you use or other details related to your account.
- Your preferences – This is based on what you share with us on how you would like to be contacted, and your preferred products, services and lifestyle activities for example.
- Information from other organisations – These organisations include fraud-prevention agencies, business directories, credit reference agencies or individuals we believe you have authorised to provide your personal details on your behalf.
How we use your information
We may use your information for:
- Provisioning & administration of services
- Process your orders and activate or deactivate services
- Enable us to process invoices and payments
- Respond to enquiries and requests from you or people you have authorised
- Inform you about item updates
- Provide directory assistance
- Store information for performing certain functions such as completing forms, facilitating website navigation, authentication, and enabling marketing and advertising technology
Market research, network & service enhancement
- Conduct market research and customer satisfaction surveys to improve our customer service; develop new products, as well as personalise the services we offer you
- Improve our network, for example by looking at usage and mobility patterns
- Improve your user experience based on your usage behaviour on our websites and applications
Security and risk management
- Inform you of service and security issues
- Prevent and detect fraud or other crimes and recover debts
- Conduct internal audits and determine creditworthiness
- Ensure the safety and security of our properties and systems
- Conduct checks against money laundering, terrorism financing and related risks
Legal & regulatory requirements
Meet legal, regulatory and other requirements including providing assistance to law enforcement, judicial and other government agencies
We will not use your personal data for purposes other than what we have informed you, or which are permitted under local laws and regulations. We will not offer, publish or share your personal data with third parties outside of the Singtel Group for commercial purposes, without seeking your explicit permission. We will retain your information for only as long as there is a business or legal need.
Protecting your information
We have implemented stringent measures to secure and protect your information. These include:
- Safeguards to prevent security breaches in our network and database systems
- Limits on access to information in our systems and the systems of our business partners and vendors
- Strict verification processes to prevent unauthorised access to information
Respecting your contact preferences
Singtel is committed to complying with the Do Not Call (DNC) provisions. We have always been mindful of engaging our customers in a more targeted and relevant way. We may send marketing messages to your Singapore telephone number if:
- you have given us consent, OR
- the sending of such messages is permissible under applicable laws and regulations.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We may amend or modify this Policy from time to time, such as in response to changes to legislation. We remain committed to safeguarding your information and being open about our data protection practices.